Ryeland House Cookery School first open its doors in Kilkenny in 1991 to provide cooking classes and has been run ever since by the proprietor Mrs. Anne Neary.
The house itself is a country farm house built in 1845, it has been the home of the Neary family for over four generations and is located approximately five miles outside the historic city of Kilkenny at Cuffesgrange.
Anne is a woman of many talents and in addition to running the Ryeland House Cookery School she is a now a published author. She also presents a cookery slot live on air on KCLR 96FM, one of the biggest local radio stations in the South-East of Ireland. The Cookery Slot goes out at 11.15 am every Wednesday morning during the Sue Nunn show "On the Record", on the show Anne has a Questions and Answers session for listeners.
When it comes to food the ethos of Anne and the Ryeland House Cookery School has always been one of using locally sourced, great quality ingredients. Much of the food used at Ryeland House is grown on the home farm, our neighbours farms or is produced locally by skilled artisan food makers. All the eggs used in our cooking come from our own free range hens, which guests and students are encouraged to visit during their time at Ryeland.
Naturally enough being a country house we are located in the country side, a little off the beaten track in Kilkenny's rich farm lands. Ryeland House Cookery School is located a short drive outside the historic city of Kilkenny.
- Sat 8th October - Wonderful Curries from India & Malaysia
- Tues 11th October - Delicious Vegeterian Dishes (Evening)
- Tues 18th October - Quick & Easy Family Food (Evening)
- Tues 1st November - Kids Cookery Camp [Day 1 of 2](Morning)
- Wed 2nd November - Kids Cookery Camp [Day 2 of 2](Morning)
- Thurs 3rd November - Teens Cookery Camp [Day 1 of 2](Morning)
- Fri 4th November - Teens Cookery Camp [Day 2 of 2](Morning)
- Tues 8th November - Get Slim / Stay Slim (Evening)
- Sat 12th November - One Pot Wonders & Winter Warmers
- Sat 19th November - Breads, Starters, Mains & Desserts
- Sat 26th November - Stress Free Christmas
- Sat 3rd December - Stress Free Christmas
- Sun 4th December - Stress Free Christmas
- Tues 6th December - Stress Free Christmas (Evening)
- Sat 10th December - Stress Free Christmas